BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Go Ask Alice

WHAT? *spoiler alert* How could she have just died like that? Her life was getting so back on track and she was doing so well. I just don't understand. Was the overdose on purpose, or did the people that messed with her before do it to her? It's weird to think about. What if that had happened to me? What if I had never decided to get my life back together? Her bad trip (well, and her visit at the insane asylum) was the end of her drug abuse. What if I'd never had a bad trip, would I have kept messing with stuff like that? Could I have died? It's so weird to think that if just one little thing had gone differently, I may not even be alive right now.Overall, the book was good. It was a pretty easy read obviously, I pulled off 215 pages in under twelve hours, while obviously doing many other things throughout the day as well. I felt I could relate to a lot of it. The ending just really has me in suspsense. I want to know what happened to her, and how Joel is holding up, and what went on with her family afterward. I have a love/hate relationship wtih books that just leave you hanging like that. That's how I want the ending of the book(s) I write to be. I want to leave someone at the edge of their seat, perhaps praying for a sequal. I'd definitely settle to just have people think about it, though, even if it was just for a few minutes. One book down, forty-nine to go.

0 comments: