BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 8, 2009

lock and key

If anything is more capable than anything of opening my mind, it is a good book. I especially love books because reading someone's writing is the one way to really get into someone's mind, even if it is just a fictional character. Sure, there are little tidbits here and there that can give you clues to who someone is, but truly reading and absorbing each and every word is what allows you to read between the lines and get to know someone. The weird thing is that while getting to know someone else through their writing, you kinda get to know yourself more too.

Things suck, they always do in one way or another. But your outlook is what determines it all. Is the glass half empty, or is the glass half full? I'm trying to look at life with the view that the glass is half full. I think it kind of helps.

This up and down melodramatic adventure called life has been exceptionally exciting for me lately; I can't even explain it. For once I'm actually following the statement "Rome wasn't built in a day." While routine and planning is still crucial, spontaneous activity is also quite a thrill. Because that's what life is all about, not knowing what's next, and knowing that it can really be anything. You can wake up tomorrow and have everything be completely different than today. Many of the unpredictable out-of-plan things are generally not even matters brought on by ourselves, but the great thing is: this life, is all your own. So why not live it to the fullest extent possible? Take risks. Do things you never thought you would. Add that crazy twist to your life, because it's all your own, regardless of how the actions of others interfere. No two stories are identical.

Through all of these realizations, hormonal roller coasters, and total shifts back and forth between views, I feel as if I've been slowly finding myself. Of course I'm not too sure, and that's okay, but I'm content in knowing that somewhere, in the midst of all these bumps in the road, lies my inner being, just waiting to show itself.


0 comments: